Guide to Current Viking Players Trade Value

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Guide to Current Viking Players Trade Value

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:01 pm

fiestavike wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:52 am
StumpHunter wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 pm
More and more I think the Vikings will look to move Waynes.

They will need at least a high 3rd to consider it though, imo, so we will see what the rest of the NFL thinks of him.
I agree. They drafted Hughes for a reason. They need Wayne's cap room, and he's gone after this year either way, so it makes sense to get something for him. He's also nearly always a step late when targeted and lacks the aggression to ever take the next step. His guy is never wide open, but he's also almost never really covered against an accurate QB. If they could flip him for a 2nd to be used on a starting Guard or a replacement for Barr or Rudolph that would be awesome value.
That was Waynes two years ago. However, he's much improved now. He was an all around CB this year. Much better than Rhodes was. Rhodes has taken a step back. And if that continues next year and we let Waynes walk, we made a massive mistake IMO. Also, I dont think they drafted Hughes saying "yeah we'll let Waynes walk". He was BPA and there was the possibility of losing Waynes so they were covering their butts. I mean he allowed 1 TD all season this year. I'm not sure why anyone would complain about that. He was also 15th in yards allowed this year in the entire NFL. Nitpicking him "always being a step late" doesnt add up this year. I'd say that within his first two years but definitely not right now.
0 x